Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yes, Really.

I know, I know... a blog is so two-thousand-and-late. But this has been a long time coming.

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a writer. I went to school for journalism with a minor in English, and was lucky enough to land a gig at a magazine before I even graduated. In my first few jobs, I did a lot of writing. I wasn't winning Pulitzers, but I was living my dream. But somewhere along the way, something changed. Writing became about "stickiness" and "click-yness" and traffic and pageviews, and suddenly, all the fun had been sucked out of the process.

This blog is my attempt to get back to basics. It's an outlet I've been craving for quite some time, and regardless of what my traffic is (though I will, of course, monitor it as I have been trained to do) I plan to blog every day.

I hope you'll come back and visit every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment