Saturday, February 23, 2013

If You Mess With the Bull...

The other day, I came up with what I think is simply the best simile for my life as it is now. (I am of course, biased at its awesomeness.)

For various reasons, my current state of existence is on shaky ground. Things are uncertain (but aren't they always?), unusually challenging, and fraught with frequent doubt.

I feel like I keep making strides and then Life intervenes and says, "Oh, that? Yeah, no, that's not happening," without even so much as a "sorry," or even an explanation for why. It's like when I was kid and would whine to my father about how his denial of whatever thing it was I wanted at the time was soooooo unfair. "Well, life's not fair," he would reply, which I never found to be a valid explanation. It would just leave me feeling frustrated, angry and dejected, much like I tend to feel these days.

But unlike when I was kid, I am choosing to be defiant. No, you say? Well, I'm going to ignore that and continue on as planned.

And so I feel like I'm taunting a bull, which is either going to huff at me through its nostrils and walk away or completely ram me, possibly gutting me in the process.

Graphic, sure, but good one, no?

Photo: Drawing In

No comments:

Post a Comment