Thursday, November 14, 2013

Can We Kick It?

Last Friday was my birthday, and can you believe the baby knew to get me a gift? (Actually, are we really all that surprised that my kid is on top of things?)

I have been saying since the start that aside from my now-huge boobs, there have been very little outward signs that I'm pregnant. In fact, I've often said how I wish I could be like Tom Cruise allegedly was when Katie Holmes was pregnant with Suri and get my own sonogram machine, just so I could make sure the kid is still in there. (S)he has been that chill.

But on Saturday night, I felt something. Like a bubble popping. (Gas, maybe?) But then I felt it again as I lay in bed Sunday morning. Yep, that was definitely a kick. It was exciting and cute, and a very welcome sign of life. (S)he was really kicking it on Wednesday night, and Jay got a feel. (You can't beat the smile on his face every time the kid makes an appearance.)

So, it's starting to feel real -- finally. Though I'm still in a state of disbelief that this is actually happening. Even though I literally want to bury my head in the sand every time someone says, "You're halfway there!" I'm pretty confident that when the time comes, we'll be able to kick it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment